Today I’m sharing a fun recipe for an easy broccoli salad that’s perfect for springtime!
Guys. I am so thrilled springtime is in full swing. The other weekend my husband and I had the opportunity to spend time with good friends, with good food, and good conversation. Nights like those are good for the soul. (You’d think as a teacher of grammar, I’d be able to come up with a word other than “good”, but no. I like it.)
Anyway… I thought I’d share this recipe – with a little side of fashion!
|| springtime broccoli salad ||
- Wash & cut the stems off broccoli. Cut into small florets (that means “pieces” in case you’re feeling the urge to google it like I did my first time).
- Repeat the washing and dicing with grapes and cucumber. And onion if you’d like (I don’t).
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, grapes, cucumber, pine nuts, and possible onion. Add salt-n-pepa. Play some of their music if you’d like.
- For dressing, combine mayo, sugar, and vinegar. Whisk together.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss together.
- Allow salad to rest (but not sleep) for at least an hour so the broccoli isn’t as firm and unappealing.
I just got my Canon camera. I’m learning. My pictures are probably sad compared to real photographers, but in my mind, they’re rad. Don’t burst my bubble yet. Also, I have no… I mean NO… natural sunlight in my kitchen (isn’t one bedroom apartment living the best?). If you ever see me photographing food on my balcony, please don’t judge.
Okay. That’s all of my disclaimers… I mean explanations.
I’ve got tons of events I’m hosting/attending/crashing over the next few months. I hope you’ll continue to follow along!