So if you follow me on social media, then you know we recently took a trip to the Dominican Republic. After the stressfulness of moving to a new place, this vacation was definitely much needed! We had the best time together, and I’m so excited to share our Dominican Republic vlog with you!
Could I just try to explain our trip to you in words? Sure. But that simply wouldn’t do it justice!
|| DOMINICAN REPUBLIC VLOG ||
|| PARADISUS PALMA REAL REVIEW ||
So we were invited by Paradisus to come stay at their resort and of course we were excited, but we had no idea what was in store for us!
A fun fact about the Howards: We are HUGE all-inclusive resort fans! Throughout our dating/married years, we’re stayed at about 8 different resorts, and this one has seriously been our favorite. Here’s a quick review of where we stayed and both mine & Jay’s highlights from the trip!
|| WHERE WE STAYED ||
- Paradisus Palma Real in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Specifically, we stayed at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real (a more private boutique hotel on the same property) and were treated to the swim-up suite and holy moly, it was gorgeous! (did you see the vlog?!)
|| ERIN’S HIGHLIGHTS OF THE TRIP ||
- The spa || We went to the spa midway through our trip and it was seriously amazing! It was so beautiful, our couples massage was perfect, and we definitely enjoyed some hydrotherapy afterwards by relaxing in the heated pools and drinking their fancy waters and teas. Absolutely my kind of morning!
- Wine tasting || Before dinner one night, we enjoyed a nice little wine tasting. Our sommeliers were very knowledgable and literally every single staff member at the resort was super friendly, so we had a really great time tasting before heading off to dinner.
- Paddleboard yoga || Since I’m a huge fan of yoga, I really appreciated the resort not only incorporating yoga, but doing so in a really fun way! I had never done anything like that before, and it was actually really enjoyable and relaxing!
|| JAY’S HIGHLIGHTS OF THE TRIP ||
- The nightly entertainment || There were some pretty awesome shows & events every night – which, if you’ve ever been to an all-inclusive, you’ll know that a lot of places are hit or miss. But this place knows how to party! Jay specifically loved the Michael Jackson show. He may or may not have been dancing around like Michael the rest of the night…
- The food || There were so many restaurants to choose from (I think there were around 12 total!), and not only that, but the food was delicious! Our favorite was the hibachi grill because whether we’re in the US or not, we’re suckers for some good Japanese food!
- Pool activities || If you watched the vlog, then you’ll know Jay was all over that water aerobics. They also had some fun games, painting classes, dance lessons, and a few other fun things. We didn’t participate every day because, let’s face it, it was vacation and laying around sounded better sometimes – but it was nice to always have things going on. We’re definitely people that enjoy being in the center of the fun and this resort was definitely entertaining!
*A BIG thank you to Paradisus Palma Real for making this trip possible!
So yeah, can you tell we had a blast from our Dominican Republic vlog? Let me know if you want to know anything else about our trip in the comments and I’d love to answer!
I’m all about vlogging now, so let me know where we should go next!