I’m so excited to be sharing this weekend getaway packing list post with you this week! Not only is it filled with helpful tips for packing, but it’s featuring an all-star guest in the video, Mr. Jay Howard himself! (Although, I really shouldn’t encourage his all-star behavior too much…)
Anyway, Jay and I have been brainstorming lately about where to take my blog. I absolutely love the fashion side of things, but I also want to make sure that I’m always being helpful and never posting just to say, “Oh look how cute my outfit is” – ya know? That’s why you’ll see tons of fashion tips posts on my blog… because I never want to elevate myself above anyone, but rather be seen as someone that gives simple tips that encourage other women to feel confident and beautiful!
All of that to say, I want to continue being helpful, but I also want to expand into more realms of life because, to be perfectly honest, fashion isn’t the most exciting thing in my life. Do I like clothes and feeling pretty? You betcha! But I also enjoy traveling, encouraging better relationships, my faith, doing fun things with loved ones, and of course – being with Jay! So what better way to begin incorporating all of those things into my blog than to start doing helpful, encouraging videos with my favorite person about some of our favorite topics?! I’m so excited about this new endeavor and to be a place of helpfulness, encouragement, and really just letting people know that life can be silly and enjoyable! So stay tuned for weekly videos coming soon!
Back to the weekend getaway packing list – We’ll be traveling to Nashville soon, but won’t be staying for too long, so we decided to let y’all in on our best packing tips for weekend getaways! Jay and I are very different in the ways we pack (I’m crazily organized and he’s a mess, but very simplistic), but we do have one thing in common – we never overpack! How? Well, you should definitely watch the video for a full explanation, but one of the most important aspects of simple packing is a checklist. And, lucky you, we’ve created a downloadable weekend getaway packing list PDF to keep you organized for your next trip!
Weekend Getaway Packing List
As you’ll see once you download the his and hers packing lists, we section off our packing into four general categories: Clothing, Accessories, Toiletries, and Miscellaneous. Here’s a quick overview of our helpful tips, by category, according to both Jay and I:
Weekend Getaway Packing Tips
- ERIN: Plan your outfits ahead of time! Women are notorious for over-packing because we throw tons of outfits in our bag so we have plenty of options. While this may seem like a good idea, it ends up stressing you out while you’re on the trip because you get overwhelmed! Take the time beforehand to plan out each day’s outfit and if you think you’ll forget the outfit your planned, take a quick iPhone picture of the outfit so you can look it up on your trip!
- JAY: Keep it simple! Bring signature items (good jeans, your favorite shoes, etc) that can be re-worn throughout the course of the trip. Watch the video to see Jay’s tips for avoiding excessive wrinkles in his clothes!
- ERIN: This should be easy! If you’ve already planned out your outfits and taken a photo of it, then simply pack up your jewelry and accessories. Not sure how to pack your hats? I shared my helpful tip to protect your hat in the video!
- JAY: Instead of worrying about ruining your accessories while traveling, just wear them on your travel days!
- Both: Shockingly, we both agree on this one – Keep it simple! Don’t bring every single item from your bathroom. If you can live off of the travel size items, pack some of those. It’ll keep your bag lightweight and easy!
- Both: Make a list of the things you always forget when traveling (mine is my cell phone charger!) and make sure to write those down on the packing list. Because if you have those “can’t live without it” items with you, then you’ll be just fine!
Which of these weekend getaway packing list tips was the most helpful to you? Would any of you be interested in a weeklong getaway (tropical, cold weather, etc) packing list with tips? Let me know in the comments!
And be sure to sign up to receive your free, downloadable his and hers packing list PDFs below!