This week I’m super excited to bring Jay in for a fun little his and hers date night style post!
It’s super important for couples to have date nights (we do them weekly), and it’s even more fun to treat them like something special and get dressed up. I thought it’d be fun for Jay and I to share some of our favorite go-to fashion items for those nicer date nights to get y’all inspired for your next night out!
|| His and Hers Date Night Style ||
ERIN’S FAVORITE DATE NIGHT STYLES
- Heels || I’ll be honest, I don’t wear heels a ton. They’re just not super practical for my everyday life as a work-from-home blogger. So when date nights come around, I absolutely love to spruce up my outfit with heels. They also add instant sophistication and femininity to my look!
- Something flirty or sexy || I’m not talking about going overboard here because I really value modesty, but a little flirty-ness here and there makes date night more fun! I bared my shoulders a bit in these photos and Jay loved it! Other flirty/sexy ideas include: off-the-shoulder tops or dresses, skirts or dresses a few inches above the knees (balanced out by a more covered top), or a slightly lower-cut top that you usually wear (again, worn tastefully!).
- Lipstick || Want instant glam and sassiness for date night? A fun lip color will do the trick!
JAY’S FAVORITE DATE NIGHT STYLES
- Clean sneakers || His most recent obsession has been sneakers. Whether they be Nikes, Adidas, or Converse, they’re all he’s wearing lately. And don’t forget the most important part – they’ve gotta be nice and bright and clean!
- Good fitting jeans/pants || He told me the other day that he’s a way different shopper than me. I’m all about finding great deals, and he’s more into the quality of the items (not to say that I don’t care about quality, but you know what I mean!). This convo led us to a discussion all about how picky he is when it comes to jeans and pants. He told me that he’d rather shop for weeks to find the perfect fit and quality of pants instead of settling for just any ‘ol pair. And I gotta say, I respect that! And these pants are proof that all of his hunting and trying-on has paid off… so stylish!
|| SHOP THE POST ||
What are some of your favorite date night style ideas? I love hearing others’ perspectives, so let me know in the comments!